“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, and Jill a dull girl! Today, educational institutions worldwide are realising the significance of treading beyond the pages of a textbook and four walls of a classroom. Encouraging children to excel in multiple fields can mould them into all-rounders.
Global Indian International School provides its students with a steady platform to explore this plethora of avenues. Subsequently, its 9 GEMS Scholarship encourages talented students across financial spectrums to realise their true potentials in their chosen areas and fulfil their dreams.
What are the GIIS 9 GEMS Categories?
- Academic Excellence: GIIS assigns paramount importance to academics and innovative learning. It implements the latest educational technology and dynamic learning strategies, including a SMART campus and state-of-the art infrastructure.
- Sports Excellence: GIIS organises various sports activities and programmes to inculcate in students integral qualities like team spirit, sportsmanship, healthy competition etc. It helps them understand their strengths and work on their weaknesses through various intra and inter-school tournaments.
- Art: GIIS nurtures students’ creativity and helps them think out-of-the-box. It provides them with the best infrastructure, including art studios, dance studios, amphitheatres etc., to help them hone their skills.
- Personality Development: This area focuses on building the students’ character and facilitating overall growth and development. The school conducts personality development activities like photography, public speaking, theatre, music etc.
- Creativity and Innovation: The school encourages students to implement innovative ways to solve problems by providing various infrastructural avenues like student internet TVs and environment labs.
- Entrepreneurship and Leadership: The GIIS Leadership Lecture Series and GIIS Entrepreneurship Programme help students interact with senior-level industry leaders and understand their leadership strategies.
- Universal Values and Ethics: GIIS’s Global Indian Mahatma Gandhi Centre for Universal Values teaches students about world leaders like Nelson Mandela and Mahatma Gandhi, enabling them to imbibe these leaders’ core strengths.
- Community Care: Facilitating sensitivity towards the environment around is an intrinsic aspect of all-round development. GIIS fosters this compassion in students by conducting programmes within the school and in the community to facilitate environmental awareness and establish a sense of community.
- Skill Development: GIIS organises skill development programmes to help students hone their academic and non-academic skills. The programmes help them understand the difference between a career, life-skills and vocations and enables them to make the right career choices.
The 9 GEMS Holistic Development Scholarship Programme
- Built on the 9 GEMS framework elaborated above, this scholarship aims at supporting students who are exceptionally brilliant in one or more of these areas.
- The scholarship comprises three categories (A, B and C), based on students’ recognition in international, national and state events respectively. Accordingly, students in categories A, B and C can avail of 20%, 15% and 10% discounts (respectively) on their tuition fees.
- To be eligible for this scholarship at GIIS Noida, the applicants must be Indian citizens who have been nationally or internationally recognised in one of the 9 GEMS.
- While filling up the application form, students must present relevant documents depicting their academic performance in the past year. Upon selection, they must appear for a scholarship assessment and interview (if required) to further demonstrate their eligibility for the scholarship.
- Upon being selected, students must register at the school within two weeks and join within 90 days of having been offered the scholarship.
The 9 GEMS Scholarship encourages students to leap ahead in their educational journeys and fulfil their aspirations in their fields of interest. It is the go-to scholarship for students gifted in different areas of expertise – from sports and music to art and leadership.